Five Benefits of PRP Therapy
At Southwest Spine & Sports, we're proud to provide advanced treatment techniques for patients, including many of the VIPS in the Scottsdale, AZ area, and we'd love to help you enjoy an improved quality of life as well. Whether it's a sports injury or some other condition that's making you feel worse than you should, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy could offer an efficient, virtually painless, and minimally invasive treatment option. To discover how PRP therapy can change your life, get in touch with us today to set up a meeting with Dr. Michael Wolff.
What are some of the benefits of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy?
1) Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy is known as an autologous treatment, meaning it utilizes substances derived from a patient's body. Since it's your tissues that we're injecting back into the body, this makes PRP a much safer procedure than other treatments by minimizing the risk of an adverse immune reaction.
2) PRP offers many benefits that could boost your standard of living and confidence. These benefits include reduced swelling and inflammation along with pain relief, all through a quick, minimally invasive procedure that requires no downtime. The effects can be long-lasting, working at the cellular level to help repair connective tissues and more to give you improved functionality.
3) We don't just harvest a bit of blood from one body site and inject it into another – we purify it to separate the most nourishing components in the blood. The purified product we'll inject into strategically targeted areas (such as those of injuries or aches, pains, and discomfort) will contain five to six times more concentrated platelets than the baseline level.
Further amplifying the effect, PRP also contains various healing factors, the biological substances that help your body recover and become stronger. The mix of rejuvenating platelets and potent healing factors makes PRP an excellent, natural, safer alternative to steroidal options for many individuals looking to relieve ailments or improve their function.
4) PRP is a precisely targeted technique since we accurately detect damage in numerous body regions and tissues using fluoroscopy or ultrasound. Common issues include muscular or connective ailments. Whether you're a dedicated athlete, someone that enjoys recreational sports now and again, or somewhere in between, PRP can ease the chronic aches, pains, and discomforts of the musculoskeletal ailments that keep so many of us sidelined.
These troubles aren't limited to athletic activities, as daily discomfort can distract individuals at work, school, or anywhere else, making it unnecessarily challenging to perform everyday tasks or enjoy a favored hobby.
5) PRP therapy's safety and ease of use make it a great option for a wide range of patients. There aren't any significant contraindications, so those suffering sports injuries, chronic conditions, mobility issues, or other causes of aches and pain could be good candidates. Best yet, PRP is an excellent choice for patients who want to avoid the hassle and trouble of more involved treatments, including surgeries and their associated downtime and possible side effects. Plus, a simple PRP treatment can last for several months.
Discover the many benefits of PRP therapy in Scottsdale, AZ
Are you suffering the effects of an injury, chronic condition, or some other ailment that's painful and keeping you from being your best? If so, we're proud to offer you the potentially life-changing PRP therapy, which utilizes your body's own healing mechanisms to help repair damaged tissues and snuff out discomfort.
The first step toward feeling and performing better is contacting us to schedule an appointment at Southwest Spine & Sports with Dr. Michael Wolff. We also welcome you to visit our practice in Scottsdale, AZ to discover if PRP therapy or another treatment option is right for you.